Re: [patch?] Re: Do ramdisk exec's map direct to buffer cache?

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 19:26:38 EST

> because of lacking memory,
> we need binfmt like XIP(eXecution In Place).
> but, it's seems not to be exists. :(

The ucLinux people at least at one point had XIP working. I believe some of
the linuxce people looked at it too. It isnt conceptually hard. The ramdisk
effectively does what you need which is to add the ROM data (suitably aligned)
to the page cache and then lock it. For 2.4 ramfs might be a better prototype