Re: Need e1000.o (Intel 1GB NIC driver) for 2.4.x

From: Joel Jaeggli (joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 08 2000 - 21:52:18 EST

Jamie Lokier wrote:

> Alteon even provide firmware source and tools to build it, so some of us
> have been hacking with that too. (I got 64 byte packets both ways at
> line rate on an Alteon a few days ago. Still chuffed :-)

The bay networks ga620, 3com gig cards and (alteon of course) are all
based on Alteon's chipset. The Bay tends to have the lowest street price
(around $300) so I prefer those (cheap bastard) but I've had good luck
with all three.

Given that as far as I can tell alcatell is doing their darndest to kill
off the packet engines nic chipsets in the market place, alteon seems like
the cats pajamas...

regards

joelja

Joel Jaeggli joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E