An *urgent* call for some friendly GPL pursuasion [long]

From: Gary Lawrence Murphy (garym@canada.com)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 21:29:33 EST

On the subject of pursuading UVic to release the Rigi
reverse-engineering kit as a GPL, I received the following email from
Johannes --- He is asking a more urgent favour which would have the
GPL of Rigi as a side effect: There is a new set of parser tools which
have been developed at Bell Canada and are in danger of being shelved
and forgotten unless the current owners can build a GPL case for their
management before they leave ... ie by _August_ _11th_! (this Friday).

Perhaps if members of this list were to forward some fast friendly
words of support and encouragement we can help them make their case ;)

I am including the linux-kernel list as there may be people there who
support the open-source release of quality reverse engineering tools,
but who may not be following our linux-doc discussions.