O_LARGEFILE

From: Russell Coker (russell@coker.com.au)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 04:42:30 EST

On Solaris when I open a device file for a >2G hard drive without O_LARGEFILE
then I can only read the first 2G of data. On Linux 2.4.0-test5 (and all
other versions I have tested) and Glibc 2.1.3 (and all other libc versions I
have tested) I can open /dev/hda without O_LARGEFILE and read as much data as
there is.
Does this constitute a bug in Linux? Is it planned to be fixed?

I know this seems a bit picky, but it would be easier to develop software
that is portable to other versions of Unix if this sort of thing just worked.

--
My current location - X marks the spot.