Re: 2.4.0-test6: Bad VM problems / Memory Leak?

From: Mike Galbraith (mikeg@weiden.de)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 01:36:19 EST

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Byron Stanoszek wrote:

> After about a day running Linux 2.4.0-test6 on a system with only 32 MB of
> ram, bad things started to happen. This is a 'ps' & 'free' snapshot after 1
> day of online time and normal use, right before I had to take the system down
> because it would be 1 minute in-between shell commands:

(oh boy, a potential customer!:)

Greetings Byron,

It just so happens that I extracted a test6 IKD diff [1] for someone
yesterday. Among other things, IKD [2] contains a memory leak detector.
If you would like to give it a shot, drop me a line and I'll bless your
mailbox with 1 ea. 123k bzipped patch.

        -Mike (memleak maintainer)

1. not official IKD until blessed by Andrea.
2. Integrated Kernel Debugging toolkit.