Re:NTFS-like streams

From: N. D. Culver (ndc@alum.mit.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 05:52:05 EST

Al Viro wrote:
>Either propose the semantics compatible with the normal UNIX one or show
>that you can and will patch the userland so that it would keep working. In
>_all_ cases. Again, if it boils down to the choice between the normal UNIX
>scripting and k3wlNT3D1T0R - sorry, the former wins. Unconditionally.

fd = open("complexfile", O_RDWR);
sfd = sub_open(fd, "subfile", O_RDONLY);

There is a semantically rich user space filesystem/database described in a
compiler demo kit at:

ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/msdos/c/oxcc1434.zip

Look for cff.txt in the doc subdirectory.
I've changed it substantially over the last couple of years but
there are plenty of semantics in there, more than you would ever
want to incorporate at the OS level.

Norman Culver
ndc@alum.mit.edu