2.4.0-testX triggers segfault in XFree 4.0(.1)

From: Eugene Crosser (crosser@average.org)
Date: Sat Aug 12 2000 - 09:59:38 EST

I am not sure if this report belongs here, but even if this is
a bug in XFree86, it is definitely triggered by recent kernels.

After I watch a number of big (almost full screen) images in
succession one after another, opening next image causes segfault
in X server. Server is XSVGA on Matrox Millenium II in 32bit
mode, XFree versions 4.0 and 4.0.1 behaves similar. This definitely
happens with the kernel 2.4.0 test5 and test6 (maybe with some earlier
too) and definitely does not happen with the kernel 2.3.40. I think
that this started sometime around test3 or test4 kernels. I did
not check XFree 3.x.

System is SMP on dual Pentium MMX.

Eugene