Re: linux-2.4-test & innd

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 00:31:20 EST

In article <8n4fq6$772$1@osiris.storner.dk>,
Henrik =?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=F8rner?= <henrik@storner.dk> wrote:
>In <20000812184137.425057.FMU767@casus.omskelecom.ru> Anton Petrusevich <casus@omskelecom.ru> writes:
>
>>Did anyone try to use inn on linux-2.4? I tried to use inn-{1.7.2,2.2.2}
>>on kernels 2.4.0-test1-ac7, -test{5,6} and hit a bug. I got wrong
>>.overview files, disappearing articles, wrong active file (what I
>>think was the cause of others).
>
>I've been seeing this since 2.4.0-test4-pre3 or so. It did not happen
>with test3, for sure.

Can you please double-check exactly which kernel started doing this? I
have some mixed reports about the "test1-ac" series kernels doing this
too. Which implies that the bug crept in somewhere during the -ac
series, and got propagated into the "proper" releases when I merged the
changes from Alan.

But I would really _really_ prefer to know exactly which kernel it
started with. Otherwise there's going to be a ton of time wasted on
trying to figure out where it is..

The "test4-pre3 or so" report is useful, but it would be a lot more
useful to hear something like "I can definitely not reproduce the
problem in test4-pre2, but test4-pre3 _definitely_ shows it". Just so
that I _know_ I'm not chasing shadows.

(Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'd _really_ appreciate this problem
being farmed out a bit and people trying to help figure out at which
point it broke. I don't see anything obviously wrong. Which probably
just means that I'm blind)

                Thanks,
                        Linus