Re: 2.4.0-test{3,6} oopses on I2O init

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 13 2000 - 17:56:12 EST

> I tried to run Kernel 2.4.0-test6 on a HP LH4 today. After I received
> an Oops, I tried 0.2.0-pre3 on the same machine. (have to stick
> to -pre{3,6} for ReiserFS issues)

Compile a current standard linus kernel without reiserfs and repeat the
experiment (its dying before the fs is loaded so you shouldnt have a problem
here)

> i2o: I2O controller on bus 0 at 17.
> i2o: PCI I2O controller at 0xF0000000 size=134217728

You have an I2O controller that thinks it has 128Mb of memory mapping. That
is pretty high end -but then the board sounds that way.

> kernel BUG at ioremap:72!
> invalid operand: 0000
> CPU: 2

And it bombs out inside of the code trying to remap the I/O space. This appears
to be a bug in the remapping code. The i2o code seems to have made a
correct request for 128Mb and the x86 mm layer blew up.

Alan