Re: IDE-SCSI in 2.2.1[45]

From: Zoran Davidovac (zdavid@unicef.org.yu)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 18:03:14 EST

Riley Williams wrote:

> Hi Zoran, Alan.
>
> >> Would you happen to know where the IDE-SCSI option has gone
> >> to in the 2.2.14 and 2.2.15 kernel sources? I can't find it
> >> in either.
>
> >> These sources are both as downloaded from ftp.kernel.org
> >> and raw extracted, then running `make menuconfig` and I can
> >> find no sign of the said option anywhere in the tree.
>
> > it is still there ! I am using it :))
>
> That's good to hear, but I'm now VERY confused !!!
>
> I have now downloaded the 2.2.14 tarball from ftp.kernel.org
> three times, and the listing shows the three tarballs as being
> the same size. However, md5sum reported DIFFERENT checksums for
> the last two downloads, and only the last download shows the
> options as quoted.
>
> Unfortunately, I no longer have the faulty download - I did the
> md5sum on it prior to overwriting it with the third download -
> but I would LOVE to know how it is possible to get DIFFERENT
> files of the SAME length in this way.
>
> Alan: Can you please advise me what the md5sum for the said
> kernel tarball - linux-2.2.14.tar.bz2 - should be?
>
> Best wishes from Riley.
>
> * Copyright (C) 2000, Memory Alpha Systems.
> * All rights and wrongs reserved.

> | There is something frustrating about the quality and speed of Linux |
> | development, ie., the quality is too high and the speed is too high, |
> | in other words, I can implement this XXXX feature, but I bet someone |
> | else has already done so and is just about to release their patch. |
> * http://www.memalpha.cx/Linux/Kernel/

Two times kernel without scsi-emu ??

HM looks that you are looking for it on wrong place !!

It IS in block devices not in scsii support !!
(if you using make menuconfig)

or check .config file

---
#
# Block devices
#
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_FD=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE=y
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_HD_IDE is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD=m
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDETAPE is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEFLOPPY=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI=y
---

Linux Kernel v2.2.16 Configuration   Block devices   Arrow keys navigate the menu. <Enter> selects submenus --->.   Highlighted letters are hotkeys. Pressing <Y> includes, <N> excludes,   <M> modularizes features. Press <Esc><Esc> to exit, <?> for Help.   Legend: [*] built-in [ ] excluded <M> module < > module capable   ^(-)    <*> Enhanced IDE/MFM/RLL disk/cdrom/tape/floppy support     --- Please see Documentation/ide.txt for help/info on IDE drives     [ ] Use old disk-only driver on primary interface     <*> Include IDE/ATA-2 DISK support     <M> Include IDE/ATAPI CDROM support     < > Include IDE/ATAPI TAPE support     <M> Include IDE/ATAPI FLOPPY support     <*> SCSI emulation support     [ ] CMD640 chipset bugfix/support

it is still here 2.2.16 and it was in 2.2.15;,2.2.14-

regards,

Zoran