Re: [OT] Disgusting, completely disgusting

From: David Ford (david@kalifornia.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 13:00:52 EST

Rule #1 should be: do your research. I suspect the domain was just created
and the guys haven't made content yet for the domain. Try talking to them to
find out.

-d

Mo McKinlay wrote:

> > I don't know the correct contact with the domain name registry
> > folks but perhaps we can point out this abuse of a domain name.
> > At a minimum, datahelpers should be admonished to not use the
> > name as a shortcut to their website and, perhaps, the name
> > could be stripped from datahelpers.com.
>
> Registrar Homepage: http://www.register.com
>
> Domain Name: LINUXADVOCACY.ORG
>
> Created on..............: Thu, Aug 17, 2000
> Expires on..............: Sat, Aug 17, 2002
> Record last updated on..: Thu, Aug 17, 2000
>
> Administrative Contact:
> Executive Information Network, Inc
> George Skepton
> 4501 Deer Park Rd
> Owings Mills, MD 21117
> US
> Phone: 410-655-6317
> Email: skepton@home.com
>
> Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
> Register.Com
> Domain Registrar
> 575 8th Avenue - 11th Floor
> New York, NY 10018
> US
> Phone: 212-798-9200
> Fax..: 212-629-9305
> Email: domain-registrar@register.com
>
> Domain servers in listed order:
>
> DNS23.REGISTER.COM 209.67.50.87
> DNS24.REGISTER.COM 209.67.50.88
>
> [Rule 1: If you're going to piss off the Linux development community,
> don't make your information freely available via WHOIS]
>
> --
> Mo McKinlay Chief Software Architect inter/open Labs

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an
eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was
'committed'."