Re: 2.4.0-test6 memory leak?

From: Forever shall I be. (zinx@linuxfreak.com)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 07:25:20 EST

Tigran Aivazian wrote:

> where do you see a leak there? I don't see absolutely anything wrong there
> at all. Everything works as expected, find / should indeed use a lot of
> buffers as it brings a lot of metadata in. Which bit seems suspicious to
> you?

> > -/+ buffers/cache: 5696 250048
> > -/+ buffers/cache: 69288 186456

Notice the increase in used ram. This ram is not being free'd as needed
to make room for other programs (for instance, if I wanted to run a 190mb
program, I would not be able to), and it's not being taken by some other
process which is eating ram... I'd say that's pretty suspicious ;)

--
Zinx Verituse <zinx@linuxfreak.com>                          :(){ :|:&};:
gpg (id 921B1558) (fp 5746 73A1 2184 A27A 9EC0  EDCC E132 BCEF 921B 1558)