Re: PATCH: BeOS FS support for 2.2.16

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2000 - 12:48:46 EST

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Miles Lott wrote:

> I took some time to update the code I found at
> http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA008030/bfs/. This patche applies to a
> clean 2.2.16 kernel tree and adds support for bos (name changed to
> prevent conflict with bfs in 2.4). I hope to mod it for use in 2.4 as
> time permits.

Wouldn't befs be a tad bit more natural? It is, after all,
the Be(os)FS we are talking about... :^)

> It provides for read-only, however it will allow you to mount read
> write. Not certain that it
> won't do something nasty, so mount with -o ro.
>
> Basically, I fixed one typo and updated the nls stuff for long filename
> support.

Nice work. Feel free to forwardport it to the v2.4test kernels, too... :^)

/David
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </