Re: SCO: "thread creation is about a thousand times faster than on

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 14:00:49 EST

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Mark Kettenis wrote:

> I don't think thread groups alone will help LinuxThreads right now.
> Not without the proposed changes to the signal handling.

Oh, the signal handling changes are fine as outlined in "sys_tgkill()".
That's something simple and straightforward, and has no impact on anything
but sys_tgkill().

That is true as long as signals are still a per-thread thing. Which
appears to be ok by POSIX.

It's the shared signals stuff that simply cannot happen right now.

                        Linus