Re: SCO: "thread creation is about a thousand times faster than on native Linux"

From: yodaiken@fsmlabs.com
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 13:35:14 EST

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 03:16:30PM -0400, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> I'll echo this. In the Linux Standards Base group, it was hard to find
> *anyone* who was actually psyched about Posix Threads. Even most of the

We use POSIX threads in RTLinux as an API. We've found that if you are
sufficiently careful about making sensible decisions where POSIX allows
leeway, the result is quite simple and clear. Of course, we
supply the "main" routine, allowing us to simplify "as if the main
routine did X". But POSIX is generally pretty careful about what a
conforming application has a right to expect and I think it is
perfectly reasonable to refuse to assist non-conforming applications
with wacky designs.