Re: patching software raid into 2.2.17preXX kernel

From: Mike Castle (dalgoda@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 12:37:53 EST

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 05:22:46PM +0000, Jeff - wrote:
> The latest 2.2.17 software raid patch (raid-2.2.17-A0)from mingo does not
> patch cleanly with the 2.2.17preXX kernel. It only fails on the source
> raid1.c. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
>
> Thank you in advance for your help.

I thought it failed in raid0.c?

If you look at the latest diff for 2.2.17pre, you see one change for
raid0.c. It changes a %ul to a %li or something like that. If you make
that one little change back before applying the RAID patch, it seems to
apply fine. It may mean that the raid patch needs similar work, though.

mrc

--
       Mike Castle       Life is like a clock:  You can work constantly
  dalgoda@ix.netcom.com  and be right all the time, or not work at all