Re: SCO: "thread creation is about a thousand times faster than on

From: John Kacur (jkacur@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 25 2000 - 14:49:48 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

> > > No major Java vendor currently uses Posix threads either.
> >
> > Of course they do, why would you think they don't?
>
> Because I talked to their engineers and asked them as part of finding out about
> stuff for the LSB.
>
> Alan
>
> -

Ahh, maybe I should have identified myself, I develop the jit compiler
for IBM as part of the ia32 team, and I'm their Linux person, and I can
ensure you that we are using posix threads. (met you on the bus at OLS)

John Kacur
jkacur@home.com
jekacur@ca.ibm.com

Standard disclaimer, I'm speaking for myself and not my employeer,
trying to be as accurate as possible though of course.