Better driver for the :Cue:Cat barcode reader

From: pierre@lineo.com
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 11:49:18 EST

Hello all,

I've just rewritten the decoder in the cuecat driver to be a state
machine instead of a flat string parser, which allows the portion of the
kernel driver that deals with scancodes to detect possible barcodes very
soon, buffer the scancodes, squelch them if they really are a barcode or
re-inject them in the kernel if they turn out to be normal keyboard
input scancodes. So now, the console isn't messed up anymore when
scanning a barcode.

Also, I replaced my triplet decoding routine by Colin Cross' generic
algorith which is much better and very generic : Colin's code enables
the driver to read just about any type of barcode !

The new driver is available at :

ftp://oss.lineo.com/drivers/cuecat-0.0.2.tar.gz

Have fun :)

                  ////\
                  (@ @)
Pierre-Philippe Coupard