'Unresolved identifier in module ...' on bootup

From: Roy Katz (katz@Glue.umd.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 18:57:32 EST

Hello,

I've compiled and configured kernel 2.4.0-test7 on my Red Hat 6.2 system
(K6-II/300, matrox g200 video card). Upon bootup, I get these strange
errors [attached]. I get the same errors when I issue 'lsmod ide-scsi'
or 'lsmod agpgart'. I disabled module versioning and re-compiled, but I
still get the same errors. A copy of my kernel compilation config file is
also attached.

Several more things I noticed:

1. Kernel boots in VGA-text mode. How do I disable this w/o recompiling
    the kernel? Besides, the picture of the penguin in the upper-left
    and corner is using the wrong colors (outdated png libs?)

2. I can't connect to anywhere on xchat. That's really strange, no?
    All I get are Error-22's.

3. (a bit OT) Does anyone have the correct clock settings under
    SVGATextMode for a matrox g200? All I see is millenium or mystique.

Roey