Re: How does the kernel map physical to virtual addresses?

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 07:56:34 EST

Hi,

it is interesting to observe that many questions that deal with _details_
are answered quickly but questions related to fundamental concepts related
to how Linux is designed, baffle all of us (since 0 people answered). So,
is there really nobody in the whole world who can answer this? I would
like to know the answer (about global kernel memory layout - i.e. what
goes into PSE pages and what goes into normal ones, and how does PAE mode
change the picture?) myself...

I suppose one could find the answer by looking at each element of
mem_map[] but it is always more comfortable to look for answers when one
already knows the correct answer beforehand.

Regards,
Tigran