problems with modules in test6 and test7 kernels

From: Pollywog (pollywog@shadypond.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 17:43:33 EST

It appears that something is different in the way modules are started in the
test6 and test7 kernels. When I boot to one of these kernels, I get lots of
module errors and my machine locks up mid-boot.

I use Debian, and I suspect perhaps Debian's way of making kernel packages
does not yet know how to cope with the changes.

Is there some place where I can RTM and find out what is going on?
The documentation that comes with the test kernel did not answer my questions.

I have no problem booting to test kernel 5 so this is something that just
changed in test6 kernel.

thanks

--
Andrew