Re: hfs support for blocksize != 512

From: Matthew Wilcox (matthew@wil.cx)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 11:16:05 EST

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 06:08:04PM +0200, Roman Zippel wrote:
> Anyway, I'm happy about any bug reports, that you can't reproduce with
> hfs on a drive with 512 byte sectors (for that I still trying to fully
> understand hfs btrees :-) ). I don't think this patch should be included

last time i looked (somewhere around 2.3.4x), all the B-tree directory
implementations in the kernel were broken. That's HFS, HPFS and NTFS.
None of them consider the race where an insert occurs into the tree
while you're doing a readdir. I thought about how to fix it for ext2
btrees but I haven't come up with a satisfactory solution yet.