Re: 2T for i386

From: brian@worldcontrol.com
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 16:14:41 EST

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 07:46:49PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> I used to think that. Im planning on deploying a 1Tb IDE raid using 3ware kit
> for an ftp site very soon. Its very cheap and its very fast. UDMA with
> one disk per channel and the controller doing some of the work.
>
> All it lacks is hot swap.

3ware Escalade 6400/6800 have a hot swap capability.

My experience with 3ware controllers has been very good. The company
has been very responsive to bugs in the linux driver.

RAID10 is cool. striping and then mirroring.

They are definitely fast and cheap. Though don't tell anyone about
them. If the demand goes up much more, they'll start raising the
price. 8-)

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@litzinger.com>