Re: Press release - here we go again!

From: Rick (rick@kuroyi.net)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 17:31:45 EST

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 02:00:25PM -0600, TimO wrote:
> Daniel Stone wrote:
> > -> Multimedia
> > * Faster multimedia with specially designed video acceleration drivers. In combination with the new release of the X Windows System, Linux includes drivers to take full advantage of your accelerated video card (nVidia and 3Dfx cards among those supported) to get maximum video performance for gaming, graphics, etc.
>
> Actually it seems that hardware acceleration for nVidia cards has
> momentarily
> died with the loss of MAP_NR in page[cache].h. NVidia only claims to
> support 2.2.x kernels. If updated drivers do exist, I would definitely
> love to hear about them.

Works perfectly for me with 2.4.0test7; the patch is fairly simple (as
noted by the fact that I have no clue what the stuff I changed does).
I'll attach it.

--
Rick (rick@kuroyi.net)
http://www.kuroyi.net

What the hell is content? Nobody buys content. Real people pay money for music because it means something to them. A great song is not just something to take up space on a Web site next to stock market quotes and baseball scores. -- Courtney Love