[Announcement] pre-patch-2.0.39-7

From: David Weinehall (tao@acc.umu.se)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 04:52:58 EST

This is probably the last 2.0.39 pre-patch, unless someone comes up
with something horrible. Still, I'm not impossible to convince,
should there be something one of you out the consider pressing.
Test and enjoy!

2.0.39pre7

 o Fix a bug where some Windows9x (Michael Deutschmann, me)
        network-activities would make the
        kernel go kabloom!
 o Fixed a bug that caused the kernel (Michael Deutschmann, me)
        to panic when mounting filesystems
        with different blocksizes

2.0.39pre6

o Somewhat more complete fix for (Wolfram Gloger)
        the bug in Paride
o Fix the annoying build-prohibiting (Gael Queri)
        bug in drivers/block/ide.c

2.0.39pre5

o IDE-patches (Andre Hedrick)
o Move memory-offset for dynamic (Michael Deutschsmann)
        executables
o Fixes to the Cyclades-driver (Ivan Passos)
o Fix for a bug in ext2 (Stephen C. Tweedie)
o Added marketing-names for 3Com (Yann Dirson, me)
        NICs in drivers/net/Config.in
o Added fix to smbfs (Rick Bressier)

2.0.39pre4

o Large-disk fixes (Andries Brouwer)
o Wavelan-driver cleanup & bugfixes (Jean Tourrilhes)
o Security-fixes (Solar Designer)
o Quota-fixes (Jan Kara)
o Fixed GPF using IPsec Masquerade (Rudolf Lippan)
o (s)size_t-patch for fs/proc/mem.c (Me)
        reverted

2.0.39pre3

o Fixed Config.in bugs in (Marc Martinez)
        drivers/net and drivers/isdn
o int to (s)size_t in fs/proc/mem.c (Michal Jaegermann)
o Added IPX-routing of NetBIOS packages (Jan Rafaj)

2.0.39pre2

o Fix for a bug in paride (Wolfram Gloger)
o Fix an erroneous printk in ip_fw.c (Todd Sabin)
o Fix for IP multicast on WAN-adapters (Matthew Grant)
o Big updates to MAINTAINERS (me)
o Big updates to CREDITS (me)
o Various updates in Documentation/* (me)
o Styled up all Configuration-files (me)
        in a similar manner to newer
        v2.3 kernels
o Updated CodingStyle to the one used (me)
        in recent v2.3 kernels
o Backported nls_8859-14 (me)
o Added support for sparse superblocks (Theodore T'so)

2.0.39pre1

o Fix for the ping -s 65468 exploit (Andrea Arcangeli + others)
o Small updates to MAINTAINERS (me)
o Small updates to CREDITS (me)
o Update Documentation/Changes (me)
        to mirror the needed binutils version

/David
  _ _
 // David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /> Northern lights wander \\
// Project MCA Linux hacker // Dance across the winter sky //
\> http://www.acc.umu.se/~tao/ </ Full colour fire </