Re: 2.4.0-test8-pre1 is quite bad / how about integrating Rik's VM now?

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 14:56:07 EST

On Sat, 2 Sep 2000, Rik van Riel wrote:

> In fact, I plan to spend most of my time trying to track down
> the 2 VM problems on tytso's list:
>
> 1) the innd data corruption bug

This, I think, was due to a bug in ext2 truncate. If so, it should be
fixed in test8-pre2.

Al, I think you said you could create the innd problem, and that your fix
fixed it. Correct?

> 2) system hangs with 0 free low memory and some free
> high memory
>
> The lru_cache_add() BUG() seems to be defanged for now and
> isn't very high priority to me...

I'd like to know what it was. Last I heard, it was still the case of
"pages just off the freelist had some bits set that they shouldn't have".
That makes me nervous.

                Linus