Re: 2.4.0-test8-pre1 is quite bad / how about integrating Rik's VM now?

From: Henrik Størner (henrik@storner.dk)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 02:46:31 EST

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 01:58:58PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

[ext2 truncate bug which caused the innd file corruption may
 also affect other filesystems]

> Anyway, the way to test if you have the bug is this simple program from
> Al Viro who noticed the bug and has the fix - notice that you need to
> have some file that is clean, non-zero and NOT in memory (ie an old
> forgotten /tmp entry that can be happily trashed by the test-program):

OK, I checked this with 2.4.0-test5 on reiserfs, and it does show the
bug in the manner you described. So I guess the reiserfs guys need to
come up with a similar fix as the one that is being done for ext2.

Henrik