[bug?] return from suspend puts you at vc/1 always and X crashes

From: David Ford (david@kalifornia.com)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 16:06:25 EST

Was this an intentional change? Starting with the late test7 series,
waking up a sleeping laptop puts you on tty1 (vc/1 for us devfs peeps).

On a probably related note, X started crashing at resume at the exact
same time.

I'll be debugging X as soon as I get that annoying broken pcmcia working
enough to use again. The pegasus driver is nice, but requires setting
up networking again after you resume which with a broken X makes it
impossible. I suspect X doesn't like having the console ripped away
from it unexpectedly.

-d

--
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an
eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was