Re: 2.4.0-test8-pre1 is quite bad / how about integrating Rik's VM

From: Alexander Viro (aviro@redhat.com)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 20:34:29 EST

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Jamie Lokier wrote:

> Alexander Viro wrote:
> > > *((unsigned long *)(&x)) = NULL;
> >
> > free_page(foo()) and we've got problems...
>
> Alan really meant
>
> *((unsigned long *)&(x)) = NULL;
>
> and screw you if it's not an lvalue.

There's a lot of places that will need to be fixed after that.
So many that we could as well change the prototype and pass
the address explicitly - efforts will be comparable. Besides,
we got a whole slew of aliases for free_pages().

Too bad that counter on struct page is impossible to grep for -
gives more than 2600 instances ;-/