Re: [ANNOUNCE] Withdrawl of Open Source NDS Project/NTFS/M2FS forLinux

From: J. Dow (jdow@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 01:52:01 EST

> That's B.S. The GPL is a Copyright license; it applies whether or not
> it is in the kernel. Microsoft (or anyone else for that matter) can't
> take your code and use it without consent. The GPL is one way of giving
> consent, with certain strings attached.

And, Ted, THAT is brown steaming matter coming from the south end of a
fertile male bovine. Who is going to have the money to beat MS at the "I
have more attornies than you" game? And what constitutes copying in this
sort of instance? It would be an expensive lawsuit. I suspect that barring
some obvious screwup somewhere MS is immune to worrying its overgrown
head about GPL issues.

{^_^}