Re: [ANNOUNCE] Withdrawl of Open Source NDS Project/NTFS/M2FS for Linux

From: Andi Kleen (ak@suse.de)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 06:04:32 EST

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 01:03:49PM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> one problem is developer laziness ;-) We could as well include debugging
> code so that experienced people like you can fix easy / moderate bugs
> quicker. But the problem is that in this case people are not forced to
> understand the code as much as if the debugging tools were 'minimalistic'
> like today.

My point was basically that omitting useful debugging tools makes it not
any less likely that people use the (A) strategy (easy fix instead of real
understanding). For some people it is so painfull to work with raw dumps
that they want to get out of that pain as quickly as possible, like with
just adding an if (!ptr) return; and be done with it.

-Andi