[Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Withdrawl of Open Source NDS Project/NTFS/M2FS forLinux]

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@timpanogas.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 07:20:33 EST

attached mail follows:

Gregory Maxwell wrote:

> Thats great. I'm sorry about the hard times up there.... It's good to see
> you being constructive.

I hope you understand why I need to pull this back right now. Linux
will get NDS when MANOS goes out, but only after we have an Open Source
NetWare that the Linux community can use to combat NT directly in
NetWare accounts. Linux is not NetWare, and given it's current level of
development cannot replace it directly or provide the capacity NetWre
does today. I don't want to hand Microsoft the ability to take the
NetWare installed base until we can get in their first with our Open
Source NetWare look alike. In case you haven't noticed, I just nuked
the bridges we had to Microsoft in doing this, and declaered war on
them. This should tell you who's side we are on.

Jeff