Re: [ANNOUNCE] Withdrawl of Open Source NDS Project/NTFS/M2FS for Linux

From: Chris Wedgwood (cw@f00f.org)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 19:00:13 EST

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 12:28:09AM +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:

    you dont want to carry a whole car-construction factory along
    with you when you are rally-racing. You probably want to carry a
    spare tire and a mobile phone - anything else would be a
    slowdown.

Right now as I see it (pretending everything is black and white);
you, Dave, Linus and a few other people[1] are more than happy with
debugging aids as they exist right now in a stock kernel.

However, there are many many other people far less talented than
yourselves and for use less capable people having a compile time
options of IKD or something might really be of use....

  --cw

[1] Who, incidentally make me sick. The number of times I've sent one
    of you an email about some strange bug and get a reply minutes
    later along the lines on "oh, that sounds like we need to move
    the locking from x to y in foo.c" which turns out be be the
    correct fix just make me want to puke :)