Re: [ANNOUNCE] Withdrawl of Open Source NDS Project/NTFS/M2FS forLinux

From: Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 01:56:12 EST

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Simon Richter wrote:

> On 4 Sep 2000, Henning P. Schmiedehausen wrote:
>
> ["FreeBSD will laugh at us"]
>
> > And Linux did not succeed because it was aimed "at the server market"
> > or "at the end user" but because there is a bunch of people _that_
> > _do_ _not_ _care_ _at_ _all_ about the "marketability" of a feature
> > but for the correct solution.
>
> No. Linux did succeed because there is a bunch of people who does not care
> about the correct solution but instead implements everything that is new
> and cool.
>
> > It is not because their code is bad. But they have no cute mascot as
> > Tux and no all-famous benevolent dictator from Finland. :-)
>
> Yes, they have Chuck and a core team that makes sure patches work on every
> platform.

<LART>

Guys, could you fscking please stop the public masturbation? Both of you.
*.advocacy is three blocks down the second gutter to the left, take it
there NOW. Comment on FreeBSD being marketing-driven was one of the worst
pieces of idiocy I've seen in this thread (and $DEITY witness, there was
more than enough of that) and responce was equally braindead. Sheesh...
Looks like we need a combined Narn Bat Squad, after all...

</LART>