Re: [OT] Re: Availability of kdb

From: Timur Tabi (ttabi@interactivesi.com)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 11:37:13 EST

** Reply to message from "J. Dow" <jdow@earthlink.net> on Thu, 7 Sep 2000
02:50:37 -0700

> Aw, Tigran, give the kid his hobby, OK? We can try to bang some
> sense into his head and suggest ways his hobby could offer more
> satisfaction from good results achieved and make it more fun for
> the rest of us. But this IS his model train setup we're playing on. So
> in the final analysis he gets to choose the means of train control we
> use and everything else, as well.

Well, if it really is just his hobby, then he shouldn't be chanting the "World
Domination" mantra. Either Linux belongs to Linus, in which case it's
irrelevant outside his personal world, or it is a tool for all computer users.
If Linus really doesn't care who uses his OS, then he should not be encouraging
community participation, and he shouldn't be accepting speaking engagements at
major conventions where business users attend to decide whether Linux is for
them or not.

--
Timur Tabi - ttabi@interactivesi.com
Interactive Silicon - http://www.interactivesi.com