Re: modules_install?

From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain (mec@shout.net)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 16:05:04 EST

> However, NO ONE has taken the time (I'm talking weeks of doing nothing
> but screwing with Makefiles) to completely rewrite the build system.

I have done exactly that.

And I gave you the URL. You want to read it, or you want to keep whining
that "NO ONE" is doing the work I am pointing you directly to?

> What's the point in making processors faster if everyone just
> wastes the increase being "correct and simple"?

I've also benchmarked my Makefiles against the stock kernel Makefiles.
The "correct and simple" Makefiles run in 1/2 the time.

Honestly, it's like talking to a wall here. Rick, you don't know what
you're talking about, and you show too much unwillingness to learn.
I'm not interested in your prejudices any more.

*plonk*

Michael