Re: Availability of kdb

From: Stephen E. Clark (sclark46@gte.net)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 22:05:26 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Oliver Xymoron wrote:
> >
> > Tools are tools. They don't make better code. They make better code easier
> > if used properly.
>
> I think you missed the point of my original reply completely.
>
> The _technical_ side of the tool in question is completely secondary.
>
> The social engineering side is very real, and immediate.

> Linus

Then why don't we get rid of the compilers and assemblers and go back to
the old way of doing it
all - coding on the bare metal. Believe it or not at one time it was
done this way. Imagine where
we would be if everyone had said lets not invent tools to make ourselves
more productive.

My $.02

Steve Clark