Memtest suite 0.0.4

From: Juan J. Quintela (quintela@fi.udc.es)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 19:43:14 EST

Memory test suite v0.0.4
------------------------

This intends to be a set of programs to test the memory management
system. I am releasing this version with the idea of gather more
programs for the suite. If you have some program to test the system,
please send it to me (quintela@fi.udc.es).

Thanks to Tom Hull and Arjan van de Ven for fixing the C++ warnings.

If you found values/combinations of tests for what the system
crash/Oops/whatever please report it to me. Then I can include it in
the tests and the people who tune the MM system can test it next time.

This version has:
        An improved README
        new shm test
        removing several compilations warnings
        added Tests file
        Now RAMSIZE is a parameter that you can change at runtime
                test <size in megabytes> (this patch has been done by
                Marcelo Tosatti <marcelo@conectiva.com.br> and then
                extended by me)

I have been having requests for people for the Linux Test Project
<http://oss.sgi.com/projects/ltp/> about merging the two test suites,
comments about that are welcome.

Any comments/suggestions/code are welcome.

<help wanted>
If some C++, thread guru wants to change shm-stress to use something
more portable than <asm/bitops.h>, help is welcome.
</help wanted>

This tests can be made possible thanks to the collaboration of:
        Conectiva <http://www.conectiva.com/>
        LFCIA (my University group) <http://www.lfcia.org>
that kindly donated to me an SMP machine.

Thanks for your time,
        Juan Quintela
        quintela@fi.udc.es

The home of this package is: