Re: [BUG] threaded processes get stuck in rt_sigsuspend/fillonedir/exit_notify

From: David Ford (david@kalifornia.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 20:34:13 EST

Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> Ray Bryant <raybry@austin.ibm.com> writes:
>
> > Is there a succinct description of the the thread group changes
> > someplace? I'd be willing to take a look at fixing linuxthreads,
> > but haven't seen any description (other than the kernel source) of
> > what the changes are. Or is someone already working on this?
>
> "Fixing" alone won't cut it. I've started a rewrite and send Linus
> more comments about what is needed but not even got a reply. Seems
> the short interest span is already over.

Regardless of who does it or whether or not it goes in testX patch, I'd
surely like to have a patch(es) for my systems. Depending on what gets run,
I could easily end up with hundreds+ of hung programs and zombies.

-d

--
"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an
eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was