Re: Linux 2.2.18pre6

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 17:43:24 EST

> I see you parse-pieces for the 2.4 code as backports into 2.2 of the
> larger ide-patch. What is it going to take to just accept it?

I'd prefer to do it bit by bit, driver by driver without touching the core
and picking the important and stable drivers first.

> I am considering the pull of the backport because I do not have time to do
> both directions.

If you can hand the backport on then I think that would be a good idea. Getting
2.4 stable is far far more important than the 2.2 backport, and getting taskfile
ready for 2.5 likewise.

You seem to have a new via maintainer perhaps you can interest him ?