Re: Proposal: Linux Kernel Patch Management System

From: Alexander Viro (viro@math.psu.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 04:31:50 EST

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Daniel Quinlan wrote:

> Good patches are sent to the linux-kernel mailing list which is
> also where additional discussion about these patches can take
> place. All patches (good and bad) will be logged and there will be
> a web interface to access the patch database.

Sigh... You know, some stuff is security-sensitive. Dunno about other
folks, but in such situations I prefer to send the patches OOB to
relevant maintainers. And they often go through several rewrites before
they go into the tree. Having descriptions of _all_ pending patches in
publicly accessible place may become an interesting problem.