Re: Update Linux 2.4 Status/TODO list

From: Marco d'Itri (md@linux.it)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 13:52:17 EST

On Sep 13, tytso@mit.edu wrote:

> * Innd data corruption, probably caused by bug truncation bug (Rik
> van Riel)
This bug has not been fixed, I can still reproduce it (but not every
time). This is how it happens:

- INN (1.7.2+insync+other patches, the debian package I maintain) is
  running
- active is correct
- I post an article, which is filed with the correct number
- for *this group only* the high value is wrong and equal to the one
  in the active file I precedently saved (in some cases this does not
  happen and I can't notice anything wrong in the active file)
- I stop INN
- the whole active file is now 100% identical to the saved copy

And the file mtime has not been updated (this time since the precedent
day):

-rw-r--r-- 1 news news 3075 Sep 10 00:02 active

This happens on my personal workstation with plenty of free RAM and a
tiny UUCP feed.
Right now it happened after the daily expire run: I stopped INN and the
file on disk changed to the copy I saved before expire started.

Linux wonderland.linux.it 2.4.0-test8 #4 Sat Sep 9 23:45:09 CEST 2000 i586 unknown

/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part5 on /var type ext2 (rw,noatime)

--
ciao,
Marco