Re: 2.4.0 SCSI doesn't compile without modules

From: Torben Mathiasen (tmm@image.dk)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 16:59:59 EST

On Wed, Sep 13 2000, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:

> Hello Torben ,
> Has anyone caught this one yet . I assume it is just the same
> patch added (manually) to sr.c/h as well ? Tia , JimL
>
> drivers/scsi/scsidrv.o: In function `init_sr':
> drivers/scsi/scsidrv.o(.text+0x1cfce): undefined reference to
> `scsi_register_module'
> drivers/scsi/scsidrv.o: In function `exit_sr':
> drivers/scsi/scsidrv.o(.text+0x1cfe0): undefined reference to
> `scsi_unregister_module'
> make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

Probaly, I prefer to revert to good old init/cleanup_module. Forcing
the new module_init with older non compatible drivers seems wrong.
I'll look into what needs to be done to get it clean.

The patch attached goes back to the old interface, please verify its
success. I'll then send it to Linus for test9-p1.

--
Torben Mathiasen <tmm@image.dk>
Linux ThunderLAN maintainer