Re: Proposal: Linux Kernel Patch Management System

From: Nathan Paul Simons (npsimons@fsmlabs.com)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 14:19:11 EST

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 04:46:30PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> That isnt the problem. Its what is in the source data you have to worry about.
> CVS also uses SSH happily. That doesn't stop attacks on either by feeding the
> server/input side bogus metadata

        True, but ssh checks for an authentic key from the server,
and if ssh is set up properly, it may eliminate at least some malicious
attacks (ie someone sending bogus metadata). Even though CVS can use ssh, it
irks me that it doesn't by default and you have to set it up. i'm a lazy
bastard; i like things to be set to safe defaults so i don't have to change
them.

--
Nathan Paul Simons, Programmer for FSMLabs
http://www.fsmlabs.com/