Re: Proposal: Linux Kernel Patch Management System

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 17:32:04 EST

On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 11:12:28PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > protecting your rights. Did you know that if BitMover goes out of
> > business BK becomes GPLed? Did you know if we stop maintaining the
> > openlogging servers, BK becomes GPLed? Did you know that single user
>
> Did you remember that I'm the person who went through the license and did
> things like pointing out the issue with having a third party go after the
> openlogging servers ?

Yes, and I recall that was a long time ago. The license hasn't stood
still, it's evolved as a direct result of your (and other's) feedback.
If you are going to make strong statements about it in a public forum
where your word carries substantial weight, isn't it reasonable to ask
that you are up to date?

--
---
Larry McVoy            	   lm@bitmover.com           http://www.bitmover.com/lm