Re: Proposal: Linux Kernel Patch Management System

From: Zygo Blaxell (uixjjji1@umail.furryterror.org)
Date: Fri Sep 15 2000 - 13:40:10 EST

In article <39BFD80F.584A6BAA@mandrakesoft.com>,
Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com> wrote:
>When I sent Linus ten or twenty patches, that means I'm filling in ten
>to twenty e-mail templates, yum :)

Presumably that part of the process can be automated:

$ cd /usr/src/linux
$ ./scripts/submit-patch /tmp/patch-1 /tmp/patch-2 /tmp/patch3...

The first time you'd run this hypothetical script, it would ask for
template field values and offer to remember the ones that don't change
often, such as the architecture you're working on. Presumably it would
work in batch mode, too, if you had several related patches.

--
Opinions expressed are my own, I don't speak for my employer, and all that.
Encrypted email preferred.  Go ahead, you know you want to.  ;-)