Re: CONFIG_VIDEO_BT848 in 2.4.0-test9pre1 missing

From: Rui Sousa (rsousa@grad.physics.sunysb.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 16 2000 - 19:46:33 EST

Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:

> Hi Dietmar,
>
> First go to 'General Setup' and make sure that 'PCI support' is turned on.
>
> Then go to 'Character Devices' -> 'I2C support'. Turn on both
> 'I2C support' and 'I2C bit-banging interfaces'.
>
> Then go to 'Multimedia devices'. Turn on 'Video for Linux' and
> enter the 'Video for Linux' submenu. Now you can turn on
> 'BT848 Video For Linux'.

I noticed this before and thought it would be nice to have
a new config system statement called, say, "info" which
would show up like this in the menus.

< > Bttv driver. Enable I2C support and I2C bit-banging interfaces
first.

Hmm... Just checked and by the name the "text" statement could probably
be used for this. It's mentioned in the kbuild documentation but
I couldn't find a single instance in the current Config.in
files.

Rui Sousa