Re: Linux-2.4.0-test9-pre2

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 15:50:48 EST

> > Argh. Im not going to have time to push all the driver fixes from 2.2 into
> > 2.4 then, I've got a house move to do yet
>
> Alan, 'it happens that is why most distros will not ship a 2.4.0 kernel
> and will wait for 2.4.1 or 2.4.2.

Historically distros ship something about version 5-6, significant stability
occurs about 10-14 and by 20+ its getting really good :)

Yeah I know we have time but there are serious security issues, exploitable
memory leaks and stuff fixed in 2.2 but not yet in 2.4test. Having said that
Im sure Ted would mark those 'urgent' 8)