Re: PERCRAID 3 drivers?

From: Jon Mitchell (jrm@freedom.swc.com)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 07:32:26 EST

On Sun, Sep 17, 2000 at 09:40:18AM -0500, Matt_Domsch@Dell.com wrote:
> The aacraid driver was submitted to Alan Cox, but rejected because it has
> too many "NTism's" in it, which are being addressed. Please see the Red Hat
> Linux "Pinstripe" beta kernel source RPM for the source code, or contact me
> privately.

Or, you can get this yourself. Evidently the source code is released.

By going to Dell's website and downloading the kernel source rpm for
2.2.16-3, then installing the kernel rpm with rpm -i. Finally go into the
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES directory and you will find two files with aacraid
in the name. These patches will apply (patch is able to make due with the
slight line number changes) with only a couple of exceptions. You will
find the rejects extremely easy to fix because 3 out of 4 of them are
already in the kernel, only one thing actually needs to be fixed by hand.

Then make config and say yes to adaptec raid controller question. Just
had to do this last week, and if necessary I can make a patch and send it
out that applies correctly to the 2.2.18pre series.

--
Jon Mitchell
Systems Engineer, Subject Wills & Company