Re: 2.4.0-test9-pre3 boots, 2.4.0-test9-pre4 doesn't (SCSI)

From: Linus Torvalds (torvalds@transmeta.com)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 13:09:14 EST

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Andries Brouwer wrote:

> The same here. However, reverting the 1-line change in
> linux/drivers/scsi/Makefile makes things work again.

Yes, the SCSI layer is fragile wrt some initialization ordering. The devfs
setup in particular, but there might be other things there too. The
one-liner changes the ordering slightly, but there are some other issues
too, like the fact that we should order the linking to match the old
detection order in hosts.c etc. Torben is working on it..

                Linus